Police Employment Application
The Mt. Morris Township Police Department is accepting resumes at this time. Future applicants must be a certified or certifiable Police Officer as defined by the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES).
- MCOLES certification
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of hire
- Associates Degree in Criminal Justice or related field, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 10 years of service as a police officer may substitute for education
- No felony convictions
- No misdemeanor convictions for domestic violence
Essential job functions:
- Patrol in a vehicle
- Respond to calls for service
- Make arrests
- Prepare narrative crime reports and non-criminal reports
- Criminal investigations and follow-up
- Traffic crash investigations
- Participate in training sessions and crime prevention programs
- Participate in community oriented events
- Display a positive and professional attitude and demeanor
- Obtain and serve warrants, subpoenas, and other court documents.
- Detain, search and question suspects as appropriate.